Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's been a spectacular week!

Mum, Aunt and Chewy (the cousin, long story) came to visit and all we did was shop and eat and do lots of mother-daughter bonding. I took Mum to Lan Fong Yuen for French toast and milk tea, Tai Cheong for egg tarts and Chinese donuts, Wong Chi Kei and Sang Kee for congee, Tsim Chai Kee for wanton noodles, Tim Ho Wan for dim sum, Yat Lok for roast goose and Him Kee for hot pot.

 French toast and milk tea from Lan Fong Yuen

Assorted roast meats from Yat Lok

Char siu bo lo bao from Tim Ho Wan

Hot pot at Him Kee

Disgusting beef offal courtesy of my cousin

I think I put on more weight in the last five days than the last two months I've been here, despite prolly also doing much more walking than ever. We went to TST, Mongkok, Wanchai, Causeway Bay, etc ... places I usually avoid because of the mad crowds. It's nice to check out these places with tourists, but I really wouldn't make them a habit.

It was nice to spend some quality time with Mum though. It sounds odd but I've had to share her affections with the dog for the last 12 years and trust me when I say it hasn't been easy. It's worse than the typical case of sibling rivalry, because I'm not even competing with a fellow human being I can talk to and hang out with, but a mere animal. It really does suck and I hate to say it, but I'm just a teensy weensy bit glad the dog is going the way of doggy heaven soon. It's about time I got my mother all to myself!

We went to The Peak, Madame Tussaud's, LKF, etc ... just wished we had more time to go Ngong Ping or someplace a bit more interesting. I really hope I get something in HK soon so Mum can come visit often and make this place her second home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment