Thursday, March 3, 2011

I can't feel my fingers.

The weather report says it's 20 deg out, but I am what I would call, fucking cold.

There hasn't been any hot water since last night because I haven't any clue how to work the damn water heater. It doesn't appear to be the idiot-proof twist-right-for-cold-twist-left-for-hot type of shower apparatus it pretends to be, and I somehow feel like I'm failing some test in bathroom logistics while trying in vain to figure it out. There's a dial for adjusting the temperature of the water, and right now I've already turned it to the level that perhaps even Hephaestus might have found unbearable, but still the water that comes merrily out of the faucet remains stubbornly ice cold.

I don't care what F says, cold water does NOT build character.

It does however, numb the senses.

(The super later informs me that the pipes have been wrongly labelled, and that hot = cold and vice versa. But I still have to shower damn fast to maximise limited hot water available)

Oh I've moved into my new apartment! I love how cosy it is and I love my neighbourhood. It's got all the amenities I need from a supermarket to convenience stores to laundromats, an MTR station and cheap good food. In fact, Sang Kee is just around the corner so I'm pretty happy.

I kinda feel like I'm back in college again, having to figure things out on my own and realising that I've been taking simple basic things like laundry and even mail for granted. I learnt cute little nuggets of information all the time ... like how the mini-buses don't have specific stops, you just shout out where you wanna stop and they do ... and that the more money you add to your booking fee, the faster you get a cab.

I'm happy.

It's like my comfort zone made me uncomfortable, and now that I'm thrown into the deep(ish) end, I'm learning how to swim and live again.

No comments:

Post a Comment